Thursday, August 18, 2011

- As Long As You Are Holding Me -

As long as you are holding me
Nothing seems impossible
Great is the vastness that lies ahead
Yet I can span the gap
By your love
You lead me down paths
I was meant to go
When the sun must hide
And storm clouds must show up
Darkness encamps me but a mere portion
For your light pierces through
As your hand never once lets go of mine
Arrows of sadness make their aim
Shot time and time again
I find not only my blood but thine
For every time you come running
Trying to pull me out of the way
Tears reach the ground we walk on
I am contemplating why
As to why you would do this for me
Just as I whisper it from my tongue
Softly spoken to my heart, the reason
I knew all along
Because you love me
I can never let you go
And as long as you are holding me
I promise you I will be okay


-Dawn H.
August 23, 2009

@ 2:24 a.m.

No comments: