Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The Right Attitude In The Church

Bro. Winstead
Date: August 14, 2011 (Sunday morning)
Scripture Text: I Corinthians 10:31
Title: The Right Attitude In The Church
Notes taken by: Dawn H.

I CORINTHIANS 10:31Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

When we have the wrong attitude it hurts us and those we come in contact with.
What we do we should do it to glorify God.

1 - We Should Have The Right Attitude For The Lord.
Too often you see others not helping and you begin to say they are not helping; but when you are doing something are you doing it for them or for the Lord?
Think of this... Who are you doing it for?

MATTHEW 22:37-40vs. 37 Jesus said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, AND WITH ALL THY SOULD, AND WITH ALL THY MIND.
vs. 38 This is the first and great commandment.
vs. 39 And the second is like unto it. THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.
vs. 40 O these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
We love God; but how much do we love Him?

MATTHEW 19:16-22vs. 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
vs. 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
vs. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, THOU SHALT DO NO MURDER, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOTE STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS,
vs. 19 HONOUR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER: and, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.
vs. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
vs. 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
vs. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful; for he had great possesions.
We are to love God more than just with lip service!

2 - We Should Have The Right Attitude In Living For God.
JOHN 21:15-17vs. 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
vs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
vs. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Where is your focus?

Do we have an attitude for Love for our Lord and living for Him?

3 - We Need To Have The Right Attitude About Ourself.
We need to have the attitude of humility.

ROMANS 12:3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

JOHN 13:14-15vs. 14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
vs. 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

I PETER 5:6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

PROVERBS 15:31-32vs. 31 The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
vs. 32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

We need to have the right attitude to be teachable.

Are we willing to be be taught?

When you don't want to be taught you have lost the area of your life for growth in that you die to that.

We need a willingness to be taught. Too often, we think we know it all.

4 - We Need The Attitude of Dependability In The Church.
I CORINTHIANS 4:2Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

5 - We Need To Have The Right Attitude Of Loving Others.
JOHN 13:34A new commandment I give unto you, THat ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

I PETER 1:22Seeing ye have purifed your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently;
What if God looked at us as we look at others?
Too often we want to nitpick (to find fault in) others.
We are to love and forgive others as God loves and forgives us.

6 - We Need To have The Right Attitude In Living Peacable With Others.
SELF causes the most problems. We live with self all the time.

ROMANS 12:18If it is possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

7 - We Need To Have The Right Attitude To Work.
God gives us the day as a gift. Our gift to Him is what we do in our day for Him.

Attitudes toward work
- it is a privelage
- we need to be persistent to work

It is a privelage to work, live for God and to serve Him. Don't take it lightly.

We are always quicker to tell others what they need to be doing whereas we have a beam in our own eye.

I TIMOTHY 1:12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.

II CORINTHIANS 1:7-9vs. 7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
vs. 8 FOr we would not, brethre, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we desparied even of life:
vs. 9 Be we have the senence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:

It is a pleasure to serve God!

PHILIPPIANS 2:14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:


How is our attitude?


We need to talk to God about our attitudes.


We need to have godly attitudes.



No comments: