Tuesday, February 26, 2013

THE LIGHT HOLDING MY HAND

Escape! Escape!
Night from my window
Bring the sun, fast
Warm my face from the cold I have weathered
Whisper to me to stand in your rays
Cover me all of my days
For I know the dark will make its way back
Allow me to hold the way you glisten inside my soul
For then I can open her windows and fill every room
Oh Light, Oh Light stay close
Guide me across paths slippery and those in which have been hid
Carry me as I try to carry myself
Heavier thou I am than what I seem upon taking one step against the next
When I move from place to place
I know it's been the Light holding my hand
Though I get tangled up in some thickets from time to time
Your hand never lets go of mine
The Light of My Salvation
My Savior! My Savior!

- Dawn


          Psalm 27:1
"THE LORD is my light
and my salvation; whom
shall I fear: the LORD
is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments: