Friday, October 12, 2007

~THE LOSS OF MY BEST FRIEND'S SISTER~












My mind is unable to fathom your loss, your pain
For I am an only child and I know not how it feels
And I know there is no way to explain
My heart and love for you spills

Forever she is with you
When you wake and as you lay back down again
Your love and hers is ever so true
She was your sister and your best friend

Only if we could change things, but we cannot
Through it all we carry on
Life, not even a single moment we can plot
For in an instant change intrudes and everything can be gone

When you feel the wind, your sister is whispering
As the sun shines down, it is Denise that shines through
When the storm comes, peace to you she always does bring
With every drop of rain, her love soaks you

Tomorrow makes a year that she has been away
My heart breaks into for you Cher
By your side, being your best friend, I will always stay
Giving you my love, utmost affection, and heartfelt care

Dawn H. ~ 10/12/07 @ 10:11 p.m.

(I love you Cher.)

2 comments:

Ca said...

I love you, dawn. really, I do not know what I would do without you.

I appreciate your love and warm poem. they mean the world to me. you are such a wonderful best friend. I will always do my best to be the best friend you deserve.

you are an angel. absolutely beautiful.

I love you so much,

cher

Dawn said...

I love you, Cher. I'm always going to be there for you.

I wanted to write this poem to let you know I cared and how that you were on my heart, glad you appreciated it. You always will be my best friend.

You are my angel also and truly you are just absolutely beautiful.

Love you forever and always,

Dawn